Welcome to Nutrisystem Blogs
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31123456
Blog Subscription
rachelatua's blog
Walden Farms calorie-free products?
Have any of you tried the Walden Farms calorie-free products?  They make all sorts of things: pancake syrup, ketchup, salad dressing, chocolate syrup, mayo, etc.  I've only tried the pancake syrup, but it was fantastic!  I'm really skeptical anout how these products could possibly be calorie-free.  I understand that the FDA labeling rules allow companies to list the calories as 0 if they are, in fact, less than 5 per serving.  Even if the pancake syrup had 5 calories per serving, the entire bottle would only have 30 calories.  I'm always afraid of things that seem too good to be true.  Thoughts???
Published Sun, January 24, 2010 07:32 PM by rachelatua
Melissa5586 said:
I have used the salad dressings and I like them. I haven't tried their other products.
January 24, 2010 08:03 PM EST
auntiec30 said:
Have you checked out Walden Farms website? I've used the chocolate syrup in smoothies and it tastes great. On their website it lists all of the ingredients and nutritional values. They use Spenda (sucralose) for sweetener. I'm a diabetic so I need to watch my carb & sugar intake and I never had any problems with their products as far as my blood glucose going higher than normal.

Chris
January 24, 2010 08:03 PM EST
nobelmom said:
Who carries the Walden Farms products?
January 24, 2010 08:06 PM EST
rachelatua said:
I buy them at Kroger.
January 24, 2010 08:09 PM EST
janizabi said:
I love the pancake syrup too. I like to heat the syrup in a pan with some frozen blueberries. I add a pinch of corn starch to thicken it. Make the pancakes seem really rich.
January 24, 2010 08:33 PM EST
homskulmom said:
I love the 1000 Island salad dressing. In my area I can only find it at Kroger or Publix.
Walden Farms
January 24, 2010 08:54 PM EST
2010look said:
Thanks for the information I will have to try them
2010 look
January 24, 2010 09:10 PM EST
Hartagold08027 said:
I enjoy the dressings and the chocolate syrup and dip. The fruit flavored spreads are ok, but it's a little hard to spread, like trying to spread cranberry sauce, but they taste fine.

I did NOT like the peanut butter-ish spread, nasty. They have some dips like onion and such that are..ok...not great.

I find the dressings in my local grocery stores pretty regular. There are some stores that have a very good sugar free/diabetic section and you can find a lot of the Walden Farms stuff there as well.

One thing about the dressings, they have their OWN unique flavors to them because of how they're made to keep them basically calorie free. I enjoy the ranch, but if you have Hidden Valley ranch, THEN compare the Walden Farms ranch, well of course Hidden Valley is thicker and creamier, etc,. etc. Same with all the other flavors. I enjoy many of their products because I am definitely NOT high maintenance....LOL!!
January 24, 2010 09:16 PM EST
Gishou said:
I've tried a couple of their salad dressings--seems like they've eliminated everything but the taste--good stuff!
January 24, 2010 09:53 PM EST
tweetie90 said:
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from bodybuilder.com, so we'll see. The only thing I've had is the salad dressings and I love it! The dressings are actually cheaper in the grocery store, but this was the cheapest I could find the products on-line. I ordered the caramel sauce, ketchup, and syrup!! Can't wait! I don't know where you live, but County Market is the grocery store where I found the dressings. Bacon Ranch is REALLY YUMMY; Caesar is okay.
January 24, 2010 10:00 PM EST
Chococat7 said:
I'm so excited, I just went to their website and ordered the choco syrup, ranch dressing and onion dip...they sound good, and guilt free. Thanx for the info! I'm already imagining drizziling my strawberries and bananas with the chocolate syrup...yummy
January 25, 2010 01:37 AM EST