Welcome to Nutrisystem Blogs
20212223242526
272829303112
3456789
Blog Subscription
jjones_76's Blog
After gastric bypass surgery

three years ago my weight has creeped back up by 15 pounds. I decided if I didn't "nip that in the bud" right now that I would be back up to almost 270 lbs. again. I never did get to the 100 lb. lost mark but I did get 90 lbs. off.
I will turn the big 5 0 next month and I want to get that 15 pounds off and another 20 on top of that. I turned to Nutrisystem because it actually GIVES you what you should eat. It's easy and convenient and the food is GREAT! I'm eating better and tastier food now than I did when I wasn't on a diet. I had gotten to a point where I ate sandwiches and sweets all the time.

I've got the plan when it was QVC's TSV and it was the weekends off plan. I've been on it for 2.5 weeks. I lost four pounds in the first 2 days but I went back up 2 pounds and then off 1 lb. I would have thought the weight loss would have been more by me not eating sweets or bread for that length of time. I decided to cancel the next order through QVC and order from Nutrisystem so I could pick my foods and not be off on the weekends. I'm hoping this will jump start my weight loss.

I'm not exersising and I know I should be doing something. I will try and get some sort of exercise program going this week.

Published Sun, January 27, 2008 09:00 AM by jjones_76
VERYREDD99 said:
I am glad you are doing this.  My MIL had bypass surgery and took off 250 and PUT BACK ON 100 in 4 months.  She is now doing Jenny Craig.  I decided to try this before surgery -- I am 50 also -- and have lost 76 in 19 weeks.  You can do this
January 27, 2008 09:18 AM EST
jjones_76 said:
Thanks for the encouragement! I have a very good friend that had the surgery before me. She even came down from WV to stay with me during my surgery. She has put back on almost all of her weight. I was determined NOT to put mine back on. That's why I am so motivated and NS has been a Godsend for me. It's the perfect plan for my and my lifestyle. I'm single and not one that likes to cook. Perfect! <g>
January 27, 2008 09:33 AM EST
hvnlyhills said:
The gastric bypass was a serious matter for you to go through and I know you don't want to un-do what you have accomplished.  I'm so happy to see you hear with only a 15 lb gain instead of 100!  I was thinking of going the gastric bypass way myself, but that was my last alternative.  I am so glad I didn't go with it.  I now realize it is a lifestyle change that makes anything work for a lifetime.
You have made the right choice!!  Best of luck!!
Hugs,
Cheryl
January 27, 2008 09:53 AM EST
DebraRose said:
I always though once you had the by pass surgery you could not put the weight back on . I am hearing that after about 2 years people are putting it back on. How does this happen? I have to admitt i have thought of doing it myself but have heard from many people you are never the same. Now after hearing you can gain it back well i do not think i want to go through all that if i can do this.
January 27, 2008 01:05 PM EST
jjones_76 said:
You can stretch your stomach back out if you over eat. I had no problems with my surgery at all. Some people have trouble eating meat and/or sugar. I have no problem with either. I would do it all over again in a heart beat. It has been a life saver for me. I just don't want to undo all I've been through. That's why I wanted to get on NS now instead of waiting until I put a lot of weight back on.
January 27, 2008 09:20 PM EST