Welcome to Nutrisystem Blogs
9101112131415
16171819202122
2324252627281
2345678
Blog Subscription
12ynotnj's blog
hard to understand meal addon's
really hard to understand If I have to make half of my meal,why don't i make the whole meal.
my point is i'm lazy and this process makes it to easy to skip or splurge at meal time. Seems
real easy to fail at this program. there should be a way to add extra entree to cover meal addons.
I cans see fruit and vegs but when the have pages of addons,dooms the whole program.
Published Sun, February 02, 2014 09:35 AM by 12ynotnj
AndreaTX said:
Who said 'whether you think you'll succeed or fail - you're probably right"?
It's really not complicated. For a Powerfuel, grab a Greek yoghurt, a few slices of deli turkey, a hard boiled egg, etc., SmartCarbs can be fruit or a slice of whole grain bread. Add a can of green beans to an entree and you have 2 servings of vegetables.

Look around these boards and the forum - there are plenty of success stories. The program is not difficult, it just takes a little bit of effort until you get into your rhythm.
February 02, 2014 09:49 AM EST
_Lissa_ said:
Half the point of making you do your add-ins is #1 you need some fresh foods and #1 it's the process for teaching you to eat on your own. You're also naturally going to pick foods that you like. NS can't read your mind and pick things that you like, simple as that.

You get out of it what you put into it. If you don't want to put anything into it - you're not going to get anything out of it. It's harsh but it is what it is.

I hope you change your mind about that! They have simplified it as much as possible.
February 02, 2014 10:04 AM EST
helder28 said:
You can purchase more and just do the math and include the NS meals as part of your pf's and sc's. Or you could pay someone to feed you. Part of what makes NS great is that it is affordable. There are plenty of programs out there that cost about $1500 a month for everything. I can't afford that and if you can you should get it. Just like if you could afford a personal chef, trainer, life coach etc. you would.

If you buy two programs it will cost about $400/500 a month. Tailor it to suit your needs if you think it will work. I will be glad to put something together for you but in a perfect world if you get what you want what are you going to do when you leave NS, you are going to gain it all back anyway so what is the point.

I say suck it up and do it now and you will be so glad that you did.
February 02, 2014 05:07 PM EST
.1DayAtATime said:
Can you use a microwave?! Buy veggies, etc. on the grocery list you like whether you eat as is or zap in the microwave 90 seconds or whatever it says on the package.

Question: Which is harder, a)us being unhealthy or b)pressing the buttons a on a microwave.

I my response was geared toward your blog attitude! How bad do you want to get off of that c-pap? I know a lot of people who would do this to get off of it.

You REALLY can or do you want to???!!!
February 02, 2014 07:32 PM EST
.1DayAtATime said:
P.S. Maybe I am mistaken that is not a C-Pap, it is an oxygen bag in the back of an ambulance. I definitely don't want to take a ride in one of those.

Tough love!
February 02, 2014 07:34 PM EST
Cybertee said:
We have to take some responsibility for our lives. Nutrisystem gives us the tools to succeed and lose weight but it us up to us to use them. Of course, it is easy to fail on the program just as it is easy to succeed. You have to decide which way you want to go. Good luck. I hope you make the right choice.
February 03, 2014 09:21 AM EST